Mastering The Strategic Tendering Process
Central London, Off site or in house ?
Talk to Steve Wills
+44 7891 542102 or email us at
We have faced your challenges and found solutions
- specialists in People and Procurement
- understand how companies work
- strong track record of success
Why this course is different
- Apply capabilities and skills to the tender process
- Use incentives or penalties to drive performance
- Define clear roles and responsibilities in the process
- Use of strategic tools in the assessment process.
- Learn to manage key and strategic stakeholders
- Understand the end-to-end process
- Define and specify requirements
- Use pre-tender qualification tools and positioning your approach
- Guidance on awarding the tender
Why you should attend
With the public sector continuing to outsource its services at an increasing rate and increasing dependency on third parties in the private sector the expertise in running tenders has never been more critical.
With recent media exposure of contract failure costing millions of pounds in compensation and damages to both a business and an individual’s reputation, the cost from making mistakes in the tendering process is exceptional.
They will learn the category managers’ roles and responsibilities and how to manage relationships with suppliers and business stakeholders to get the best results for the business. The delegates will take away a set of tools for operating category management.
Benefits for you
This 2 day master class will provide practical skills and knowledge that you can apply in all aspects of the tendering and contract management process, reducing time costs and risk and increasing reputation confidence and integrity for you and your business.
Who should attend
This course is designed for heads of functions and directors of companies wanting to bid work to suppliers and also to win the tender process with customers.
Job titles may include: sales directors, procurement directors, sourcing specialists, purchasing, contract and vendors managers and supply chain professional
Defining and specifying requirements
• Procurement and business engagement
• Demand management
• Budget approval process
• Protocols and governance
The tender stage:
• Requests for information and a proposal (RFI /RFP)
• Market intelligence and due diligence
• Financial modelling and total cost of ownership
• Key terms and conditions of the contract.
• Benefit tracking methodology
• Monitoring KPis and SLAs
• Maintaining contract management and Supplier Relationship Management
• Category management (out sourcing and off shoring)
Case studies & interactive role plays across the 2 day course
- Marketing and Print media – Global Insurance business
With multiple suppliers and requirements across individual stakeholders and regions. This complex core business function needed multiple capabilities and skills to ensure a successful tender that delivered successful results to the business.
A specialist aircraft engineering firm that manages large complex aircraft maintenance and upgrade projects. Using information provided delegates will work through this case study to answer the tasks:- How do you deal with the situation, was this foreseeable and could this have been avoided?
- A cautionary tale
This case study includes how a tender process must uncover key weaknesses, engage stakeholders and agree detailed Specifications to avoid mistakes.
- Interactive role play
A World Class Global Company is considering the introduction of change in the next 18 months to respond to world markets.
It is looking for initiatives and transformation that will position itself as a world leader in its field.
This role play will provide delegates with a case study where they have an individual and a team role to play. It will draw on the learnings from the course and require the application of techniques taught
- We also provide our insights book: “cost cutting – a cultural shift to sustainable cost base reduction”
What some of our clients say about us:
“Stephen combines deep knowledge and long experience. His executive course had the right contents illustrated with the real life experience of a great professional.”
Janice Allen – Project Lead at Highways England
“Steve engaged every one with his insight into procurement using real examples of working with national and global organisations. Steve was charismatic and a joy to listen too. We were impressed with his integrity. He is a real role model and an ambassador for Procurement. “
Duration of Course
- 2 Days (14 hours)
- Public course attendance
- refreshments included
- travel, meals and accommodation not included
- In-house course (max 10 delegates) tailored