Mission Critical Contract and Supplier Relationship Management
+44 7891 542102 or email us at
We have faced your challenges and found solutions
- specialists in People and Procurement
- understand how companies work
- strong track record of success
ONLINE, OFF-SITE OR IN-HOUSE?
Why this course is different:This 2-day training program on supplier contracts and service agreements is mission critical to running a successful business but they can also be a source of risks for a company. Instead of an effective tool a contract can be the source of disputes, damages and litigation.
These risks arise from poor planning or weak supplier management
This training program will provide strategies that make a difference in daily business
- Identify key risks (product, price, people, place or procurement?)
- Manage Risk analysis and root causes
- Reduce risks in supplier contracting and outsourcing
- Learn how to review and implement changes to better protect your organisation in contract management
- Improve contract negotiation and management skills
Why you should attend
With high business risks this is an essential course to gain knowledge and expertise to protect your company from failure and ensure assured supply from your providers
Benefits for you Business gaps can lead to confusion about who manages the risks and the supply chain . This course highlights those critical areas and provides solutions to mitigating them.
Managing contract and supply is an essential skill that adds tangible value and results
Our Procurement Central expert authority on contract management will provide a practical explanation of the contract and comprehensive methods to manage contractual risks to protect your contracts, customer and profit margins. He will also present you with his Book “contract Management, key business competence “- free of charge
Who should attend This course is designed for contract managers, buyers, sales and account managers, risk and legal staff.
The training is practical and interactive around real issues and contracting practices for goods and services.
It is suitable for both the commercial and public sectors and for anyone involved in procurement, sales and supply chain.
The Role & Importance of Supplier Relationship Management:
- Alignment with organisational goals.
- Working effectively with stakeholders
Outsourcing and preparing a Tender
- Specifications and defining requirements
- Assessment criteria and incentives
- Non-disclosure Agreements
Sourcing & supplier Selection Stages:
- Defining spend categories
- Supplier sourcing – Single or multiple source
- Pre-tender preparation
Contract Award Stage:
- key legal principles when creating contracts.
- Constructing contracts and service level agreements.
- Debriefing unsuccessful third party’s
Contract Implementation management
- Using the contract as an effective tool
- Warranties and Performance guarantees
- Who has the risk and how to manage it
- Managing Performance against KPIs
Continuous Improvement Opportunities:
- Creating additional supplier value whilst reducing cost.
- strategic partnering and Innovation
- Copyright, IPR , design right, patents, trademarks ,Licences
Managing the unexpected
- Total contractor failure- bonds and guarantees
- Force majeure
- Major incidents – containing reputational damage
- Global initiative at an Insurance company
With supplier’s adept at managing their clients the ability for procurement to manage a vendor the same way can be a challenge. This case study details how one European business implemented a global initiative that delivered effective Vendor performance management . Commencing with Vendor rationalisation through to strategic service levels that established a platform to deliver on key objectives then moving beyond the initial core contract.
- Heads in the clouds
This case study explores the need for contracts within a structured vendor performance strategy and the consequences of what occurs ifa detailed contract has not been implemented
- Interactive role play
A World Class Global Company is considering the introduction ofchange in the next 18 monthsto respond to world markets . It is looking for initiatives and transformation that will position itself as a world leader in its field
- We will also provide our book: “Contract Management, key business competence” – free of charge
2 Day Course held in London, Montreal, New York and world wide
In house or off site.
Click to book here
What some of our clients say about us:
“Stephen combines deep knowledge and long experience. His executive course had the right contents illustrated with the real life experience of a great professional.”Janice Allen – Project Lead at Highways England
- 2 Days (14 hours)
- Public course attendance
- refreshments included
- travel, meals and accommodation not included
- In-house course (max 10 delegates) tailored