Procurement & Sales. Demand Management & Forecasting. | Procurement Training Course
We have faced your challenges and found solutions
- specialists in People and Procurement
- understand how companies work
- strong track record of success
Procurement & Sales. Demand Management & Forecasting.
ONLINE, OFF-SITE OR IN-HOUSE?
Why this course is different:
Through work group activities and interactive discussions, the course will provide the opportunity to practice the skills and exchange the information required to take back to the workplace. The course is designed to help performances through enhanced planning, organisation and controls. For sustainable cost reduction and improved service levels.
Why you should attend:
This role has developed into an essential skill for the business. Consumers are driving the niche multi-channel consumption agenda. The future is “demand” with supply chain owners (“SCOs’”), manufacturers and large retailers forcing logistic service providers (“LSP”) to focus on supply and fulfilment. With increasing complexity manufacturers, retailers and service providers are being challenged to manage demand and develop sales and operational plans to cope with the volatility of an ever-changing consumer landscape.
Benefits for you
The aim of this course is to address the key issues affecting supply chain demand performances. Using simulation software, a demand game will illustrate the essential tools required to enable improved and effective decision-making in the demand forecast and planning for your supply chain operation.
Delegates will learn how to manage relationships with business stakeholders to achieve business results.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for senior supervisors, managers and directors working within; Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain Management, forecasters, new product introductions (“NPI”) warehouse operations and transport operations.
Understanding the Supply Chain
• Examining and working with forecasting techniques and their challenges
• Analysis of key drivers of supply chain complexity
• Getting useful knowledge for demand management in the supply chain
• Understanding of risk mitigation in the supply chain
• Relationship of warehouse operations in the physical supply of products
• Develop methods and process to link forecasting to revenue growth
• Develop the confidence to ‘up-sell’ within your organisation the benefits of demanding planning to aid the inventory reduction and associated costs
• Understand data management as a friend and not a complicated scientific process – ‘to know your numbers is know your business’
• Ability to evaluate trends and seasonally adjusted changes to develop improving accurate demand forecast
Key Elements Driving Supply Chain Complexity
• Integrated operational efficiencies for effectiveness
• Expanding IT requirements
• Core competencies
• Operational cost reductions
• Commercial considerations
• Measuring performance
Demand Forecasting Impact on Performance in the Supply Chain
• Forecasting and demand planning
• Forecasting techniques & challenges
• Simulation game
• Corporate need for demand planning
• How it is achieved
• Accuracy impact – Bullwhip effect
Demand Forecasting & Impact on Inventory Management
• Manufacturing inventory planning
• Inventory planning and optimisation
• Capacity planning for inventory
Risk Mitigation Strategies in the Supply Chain
• Factors that determine risk
• How does risk manifest itself in your operation?
• The focus approach
• Managing Supplier risk and performance
• Total landed cost & cost to serve
Integrating SCM & Business Planning
• Agility to match velocity of consumer demand
• What functions are integrated within the supply planning process
• Evolution of supply chain management
• Current and future thinking of supply chains
Integrating Warehouse Operations to Secure Demand
• Strategic assessments
• Warehouse layouts – forecasting considerations
• Warehouse operations; racking, people, systems processes
Case study’s and interactive role play across the 2 days include :
- Organising Committee of the Olympic Games
With an immoveable deadline, scarce resources and high visibility the challenge to forecast multiple requirements that successfully delivered 630 events across 17 days of competition at the greatest event in the world was immense.
The challenge was to forecast needs against testing time scales and implement a full procurement system rapidly from start up to complete operational delivery
- Interactive role play across the 2 days
A World Class Global Company is considering the introduction of change in the next 18 months to respond to world markets . It is looking for initiatives and transformation that will position itself as a world leader in its field This role play will provide delegates with a case study where they have an individual and a team role to play .
It will draw on the learnings from the course and require the application of the techniques taught
- We also provide a complimentary copy of our insights book: “cost cutting – a cultural shift to sustainable cost base reduction” free of charge.
- Tesco Supermarkets
The UK number one supermarket works around the clock to deliver goods to its 3461 (express, super ,metro ) stores with an online service to customers. With 24,000 deliveries per week Its ability to manage and predict the needs of customers requires a comprehensive use of forecasting and demand management techniques.
What some of our clients say about us:
“Stephen combines deep knowledge and long experience. His executive course had the right contents illustrated with the real life experience of a great professional.”Janice Allen – Project Lead at Highways England
- 2 Days (14 hours)
- Public course attendance
- refreshments included
- travel, meals and accommodation not included
- In-house course (max 10 delegates) tailored
Contact us using the form below to know more about our Procurement Training Courses.
+44 7891 542102 or email us at