Central London, Off site or in house ?
Talk to Steve Wills
+44 7891 542102 or email us at
We have faced your challenges and found solutions
- specialists in People and Procurement
- understand how companies work
- strong track record of success
Why this course is different
This 2 day prospecting programme is modular. It is two days with a break between the days for course work exercises to be undertaken by the delegates.
The first day covers the core skills and behaviours effective in consultative selling, including how to describe customer needs with interim exercises.
The second day of the programme consists of how to apply and implement these strategies and approaches, including managing the decision making process.
We cover the strategies, approaches, techniques and skills all required for successful sales prospecting supported by case studies, role plays & interactive tailored presentations that fit your needs.
Delegates work together to practice applying behaviours and analysis of their own skills against our behavioural framework. This is all delivered by a qualified Procurement Central consultant. You can then use these in your business to achieve results.
Why you Should attend
Procurement Central’s prospecting programme is for anyone selling to clients to secure a sale and where buying decisions are made by more than one person. It suits face to face and telephone sellers operating in business to business or business to consumer sales environments.
Learn how a procurement process operates within a company, the challenges it faces and how it awards new contracts. Importantly learn how to manage this to your advantage by influencing the decision in your favor. Learn how you can shift from a commodity “box” to a partner that adds values.
Understand the key principles and stages of the prospecting process:
- Learn from tested theories, techniques and skills
- Increase your confidence to conduct successful prospecting
- Improve your skills through practical participation
- Handle challenges, objections and conflict
Who should attend
Key account managers , sales managers and director and anyone involved in the selling process
Key areas covered
- Defining a successful Strategy
- Conducting due diligence and analysis
- Mapping and segmenting customers
- Planning and prioritising who to target
- Business brand
Deciding on Tactics
- Marketing approach and target markets
- Moving from a commodity to adding value
- Differentiating yourself through a USP
- Identifying points of entry and accessing the decision makers
Client Awareness and Maturity
- Stakeholder Engagement approaches to build relationships
- Making yourself attractive to clients that raises your profile
- Managing blockers
- Your Insights Discovery Personality profiling and client preferences
- Your strengths and weaknesses
- Tangible outputs that increase positive impact when prospecting that use performance indicators form your personal ID profile
- Understand how procurement works and how customers make decisions
Making it happen
- Increase the value of a sale and generate additional revenue
- Identify gaps and your CPD goals that put concrete objectives into action
- Understanding the procurement stages and why customers buy
- Position your offering and describe solutions persuasively
- Persuasive products and services that tempt clients
What some of our clients say about us:
Isabel Coma – Fort Life Science/ Pharmaceutical R&D Project Manager at GlaxoSmithKline
“Stephen combines deep knowledge and long experience. His executive course had the right contents illustrated with the real life experience of a great professional.”
Janice Allen – Project Lead at Highways England
“Steve engaged every one with his insight into procurement using real examples of working with national and global organisations. Steve was charismatic and a joy to listen too. We were impressed with his integrity. He is a real role model and an ambassador for Procurement. “
Duration of Course
- 2 Days (14 hours)
- Public course attendance
- refreshments included
- travel, meals and accommodation not included
- In-house course (max 10 delegates) tailored